Thread: Hi,
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 06:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
vickipink

That's cool, I wasn't sure & wanted to check as sometimes people think that all us druggies are skanky people that would rob you soon as look at you, (not that that's possible on an internet site ha ha!!)! I went to an AA meet in my old home town a while ago, as there weren't any NA meets there & while some of the members were happy for me to go some weren't & I wasn't sure weather the different types of addicts on this site stayed in different forums! But I'd love to make friends!!!

Thank you very much for letting me know, just reading your post above Jules made me feel good, its nice that people take the time out to care about others!! Its a shame that more people in this world don't do that!

I haven't quite lost everything from my addiction, but have been so so so close to it on many occasions! I've hurt my parents & sister but I am very very lucky they have all stuck by me! Sometimes I think I wish I had never started taking the stuff but others I think,if I can get clean & still try to make a sucsess of my life it will make me a much stronger person! Have you ever read that short story about the butterfly struggling to get out of its chrysalis & a man helps it & the butterfly spends its life not being able to walk, & it was because the man helped it out of its chrysalis that its legs hadn't become strong enough, for the butterfly its struggle to get out of its chrysalis was to make it become stronger!! My drug worker back in my home town gave me it, one day, & I try to think about it whenever things get a bit tough & I want to get out the old heroin crutch again!! I'll have a look to see if I can firnd the story, I think its really good to read for anyone in recovery from any kind of addiction!!!

Anyway I've gotta nip out to the shops, but I'll be back later!!!

Take it easy!!!