View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 06:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mendingheart

understanding OCD anxiety and bipolar

I have met what seems to be a wonderful man, and he has the above. It is controlled by his meds which he takes regularly.
I am trying to understand this better....his OCD is in orderly fashion, not cleaning, but lining things up, or squaring off items. He also has a mild Turettes....no one would really notice it unless you were in his home, and then it seems to manifest when he is in another room, with little blurts. He seems totally normal when in a crowd of people, and I did not even see this for some time.
I am trying to find out what kind of bipolar he has, so I can take better care of me during the difficult times, should they arise. He says his meds have controlled many of these things.
I am finding some insecurities with the time issue. How do you find a balance that allows them to deal with it, and meet the needs of the normal routine?
He can go for days, loving .......and then need his cave time. We have talked about this, and he has agreed to try to express these feelings when they arise.
I guess I am waiting for the bomb to fall out from under this great thing we have, and so far, it has not. What should I be on the look out for? Any signs?
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Mendingheart