Old 02-02-2009, 02:32 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
marle

Callie, There but for the Grace of God go I. I used to be very critical of other mothers until I had a child who was an addict. It is easy for you to say that you would not provide drugs for your child, but when it is your child in pain, your child begging for your help, your child with the big crocodile tears, it is not so easy to say no. The money I gave my daughter to help with her bills or to bail her out of a bad situation just made it that much more easier for her to use. At the time did I think that I was hurting her. No way, I thought that I was saving her. You have enabled your husband's behavior. His mom has enabled his behavior. It is one and the same thing. You turning your hatred toward her is just playing right into your husband's hands. It is taking the focus off from him and putting it on her. Your husband says that his mom did everything but put the needle in his arm. Give me a break. Where is his responsibility in this. I am sure that he begged and begged and wore her down until she gave him money to shut him up. You forget that she does not have a program of recovery. I hope that you will put the focus back on you and let your AH sit in the mess that HE has made of his life. Hugs, Marle