View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 02:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
greeteachday
Administrator

You post brought me back to the first time my daughter went to rehab. She had been in a dual diagnosis type place for 5 days - pretty much just stabalizing and detoxing and I had worked like crazy trying to get her in a 30 day program (they suggested outpatient..been there done that too often and knew it was useless in her case at that time, but they were not into fighting to get the insurance to cover it) In any event, finally succeded and flight was scheduled for the day after she was released. That 24 hours was one of the most insane I have experienced. I thought if she was doing it her way (going home first to pack, say good bye, etc) that she'd buy into more -Well she was buying into the idea of one last hurrah, so I spent virtually the entire time trying to make sure she could not use. Yes, I was deeply into my codependency at that time...each of us flying high in our respective disease.

I was never so happy to see as when I knew she had arrived and was safe in rehab. I'm glad you have better tools than I did then, Winnie - You and your son are in my thoughts and prayers. You are almost there, hang on