View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 08:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
winnie12

Unhappy Getting stressful

One more day to go till rehab and i'm so stressed. i've had all these "issues" this week coming up. The practical side of things - keep trying to just handle them but i feel the stress taking over me right now.

First last week the rehab calls late Wed and says they messed up and need all his medical/dental/vision records and tests updated before monday. They gave me absolutely no time to get it done and all of this takes money which wasnt in the budget. AS's PO and I talked them into waiving some since they were just done a couple of months ago but i still had to have some done.

They have to have a TB test but that takes 72 hours. So we got the test friday and have to run back to the doc before rehab to get it read. When I took son the doc and he and the doc have a blowup because his BS is really high and he cant control his emotions when they're high - he got PO'd because the doc was checking him for signs of using and ran a drug screen. Because his bs was high one of his diabetic tests came back bad which is not going to go over well at rehab - rule is his diabetes has to be in control to go there. I'm trying to get him to really get control of his BS before we go back so that the doc can retest him and give him the clear. But of course I'm getting no cooperation in that area.

Then yesterday I go to pick up his prescriptions for the month and low and behold my insurance is messed up - they say i have a deductable which i dont. They say i have to pay 320 to get his insulin and of course i cant take him to rehab monday without a month's supply of insulin and i dont have the 320. Not to mention that my son is almost out of insulin right now so I ended up breaking down in tears at the pharmacy. Thank goodness my boss stepped in and offered to pay it because he understands that we have to have the insulin and it could take weeks to work this out with insurance.

Son's not packed and wont get out of bed. we're swamped at work and since i missed work friday and will miss tomorrow I'm having to work all weekend to make up. I refuse to pack him - he'll only complain if i do and its his responsibility - I'm trying to hold back from going upstairs and screaming at him to get it done.

He had his eposide of hiding the girl in his bedroom friday night and has pretty much been miserable to be around the last few days - keeps asking if people can come over to visit - to which of course i'm saying no. On top of it all, I'm broke and trying to come up with all the supplies he has to take with him - I'm working that out but its still stressful.

I keep telling myself one more day - one more day. I feel like there is something out there trying to stop us from making it tomorrow (that's the old codie control issues i know) - somehow its all getting worked out but its taking a lot out of me. I did go to bed early last night with a pot of herbal tea and tried to take a couple of hours to relax but today I can feel the stress taking over my body - my shoulders are on fire right now from the stress. I'm on the verge of a blowup and need to keep my cool or i could derail everything.

I've got to get through this one last day. I'm tired of being strong.