Old 01-30-2009, 07:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
timetogo
"Taking the risk to blossom"

When he plays with the kids minds and emotions......

ok......I have pretty wide shoulders and can (and have) taken a lot of s**t in the past 10 years from my AH. Many many times, I have showed up to drive him somewhere ( he doesn't have a licence) and he hasn't been there. And stupidly (classic codie style) have waited, worried, left to go home and dealt with a drunk showing up hours later. And on more than one occasion (why did I never learn?). That's one thing................but since we are no longer talking (so rides from me are over!) and making attempts to go our separate ways, he is now asking my daughter to drive him around.

He asked her yesterday if she would meet him today at 2 to take him to look at apartments. She is 18 (almost 19) and, as much as I wanted to tell her not to do it, she is an adult and can make her own choices. She got called into work for 2 and said she couldn't come because she had "something to do". She went to pick him up at the location they had arranged and low and behold, he had gone AWOL. She waited and waited and called his work (all the things I do-did) and he was a no show. Now, it's one thing when he does it to me, but when he does it to her

I'm afraid I have raised a little codie! I talked with her and told her straight out how it was.....it's ok to say something to him about it (she usually doesn't because he is her 'parent' after all). And I told her to no longer arrange your life around him. If it is convenient for you -- it's your choice whether to pick him up or not.

I don't want to 'bash' her father to her because....well.....I'm better than that and he IS the only father she has. She can make her own decision about him. She knows that he has a drinking problem (doesn't know about the drug use - to my knowledge anyway)

How do I 'gently' guide her so she doesn't get caught up in his bull s**t?:wtf2