View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 06:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
sfgirl

I totally know what you mean. Today we had nice weather and I was in the park eating lunch with the dog and a friend and there were all these people drinking beers and talking. I felt a slight pang of jealousy at the beer for a second. There is something about sun and alcohol— I just don't know what it is.

My friday nights now are often just me, my computer, my dog, and my tv, and I am so used to expecting that. I think it is funny that you say you are "isolating"— I always say that I am "hermitting". But I am in month four now and it is actually so normal that I don't miss going out at all. Changing habits is funny because it seems so impossible in the beginning and now staying in just seems as normal as going out every Friday night used to seem. It used to seem like everyone always went out. Now I feel like everyone always stays in. My perception seems to have changed as well (or maybe I just think the world revolves around me). It is true that you have to grieve the loss of alcohol like it was your best friend or something who died. It sucks. Ugh. But got to be done.

Anyway the good thing about good weather is that during the day you can go walking and I have never been to Sydney but I bet you guys have amazing beaches. Watersports? Hell, I kind of want to be there right now. I just think of my days as the fun, outside social time and night as the me, relax, alone time and I really don't want people around me now that I am used to it. I always say that I need to hermit now.