Thread: New Here
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 10:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hopefulone

Unhappy New Here

I am a codependent, child of an alcoholic and find that I am addicted to addicts. My ex-husband is a drug addict and my ex-boyfriend is an alcoholic. My problem is that it has been a year and a half since my boyfriend and I broke up and I am still in love with him. Did I mention that he lives across the street from me and has sucked me back in 4 times since we broke up, only to hurt me AGAIN each time? Why am I still in love with him? I have been in therapy for years and have focused soley on this topic for over a year. It is so hard seeing his house (and him) every day and not being able to get him out of my head. I know he is sick and refuses to address his drinking (which has gotten markedly worse since we broke up) and I KNOW I can't save him, help him, etc. etc. but I am still so struggling with getting him out of my head and moving on with my life. I have a date tomorrow night (my first in 1 1/2 years) and am looking forward to it, but feel I can't fully move on until he is completely out of my life and thoughts! Any thoughts will be helpful! :praying