View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 07:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JustMeInWI
Freed from the anguish

Thank you all for your support.

I had sent my MIL a bouquet of flowers with a note letting her know that I love and miss her and am thinking and praying for her every day.

GL - RAH & I are not in a place where we can communicate/support in a healthy manner. He's called me to give me updates on her condition and everything, which takes about 60 seconds, then he launches into an abusive tirade of how much I'm hurting him and the family because I've separated from him and how this is going to be an incredible loss for him and how insensitive and selfish of me it is to not be there (in our house as his wife) to support him through this. Since his mom was diagnosed 3 days ago, he and I have had 4 marathon conversations (one over lunch at a sub shop and 3 on the phone), every one of which he was the "victim" and I was the one causing the problems (by separating myself from him and not taking care of him by "being a good wife", etc.).

So now I'm sad and very exhausted. They administered her first chemo treatment last night via IV. First he said, "I'm going to respect your boundaries starting now and I will not call you again for any reason." I let him know that I still wanted to get updates on his mom's condition, but that they be sent to me in an email rather than a phone call. He tried to refuse and I insisted that I wanted to know her status but every time he called we'd have a huge personal argument. After the third time of me pleading him to just send me email status updates, he finally consented. So *hopefully* he will not call again, and I know not to answer because he said he'd send me email updates on her... *sigh*