View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 11:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
HelpingDarryn99

Winnie, please allow me to explain...

I HAD the best relationship with my son UNTIL he got into this OXY Addiction.

The Two Addicts are my son and his GIRLFRIEND..

I never used the Drug, I am his mother. This must be hard to understand in a forum.

Maybe I am just running on empty because I am not sleeping well, trying to hold a fulltime job, and trying to cope with day to day life..

I want to help my son, but my SON needs to WANT to help himself..

My sister has complained, and I have told her that it's her problem now, and if she does not want it, then throw him out.. He needs to hit rock bottom..

Thanks
Shay

Originally Posted by winnie12 View Post
Darlin, you have so many conflicting emotions going on right now. I know that feeling well - go between what a great kid - i cant stand this kid, i have to help him - i cant help him.

Your first post stated your son had a relationship most would envy but then as you write it changes into two addicts who use together. that's not something to envy.

Your first post stated that you have been best friends forever but then as you write you describe someone who has no respect for you and shows it by stealing, lying and using you. that's not a friend

If your sister wants to take the burden of living with an addict - being stole from, lied to, used, then its best to let her learn that lesson on her own. Its not your problem. If she says you're mean he can come live with me - you say wonderful he's all yours. Believe me, she'll find out soon enough. When she comes complaining to you just say its not my problem its yours.

You really have your hands full - more pressure than one mom can hold - keep praying because sometimes that's the only thing that works. I cant tell you that its all going to be bearable but i can tell you that eventually you can find peace. Somewhere in all this mess you have to find some clarity or, if you're like me, you're going to loose it. You might want to consider going to some meetings while you decypher your own emotions and figure out what you need to do - not for him but you. I found the more I detached and got myself healthy the more my AS accepted that he's an addict and needs help. He started out with "what kind of mom are you" and now he knows what kind of mom i am - one who doesnt put up with any crap.