Old 01-28-2009, 08:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
HelpingDarryn99

Trying to understand Addiction to Oxy Cotten and My son's addiction to it!

Hello..My Name is Shay

My 22 year old son Darryn has been addicted to Oxy Cotten for 2 years. This addiction has caused hardship in a relationship that was based in truth, love and companionship that many would ENVY.

My son and I have been best friends forever. He is my only child. Being a single mother, I raised Darryn in the best way I could. I worked his whole life, afforded the abilities to provide everything and anything he needed is whole life. My son never wanted for anything.

AT the age of 15, he started using weed, I was totally aganist this, I am not a user of anything, nor do I drink. I tried my hardest to keep him clean, but he continued throughout his adolesent years. On or abut 2006, Darryn began to display certain actions that I was not familuiar with, but as a fulltime employed mother, I was not able to be with him each day.

I blame myself for not staying on top of his work ethics, or his need to be more responsibile, I am a co-dependant mother, as I was as a wife and daughter. My son has stolen from me, property and money, he has verbally threatened to kill himself by od on Oxy's. When he can't get them, he used Vicodins, Perks, anything that can me swallowed.

His drug of choice is Crushing 80's of Oxy's and snortin them!!

Why I am here today is to get some insight on this addiction, to learn how to deal with this and what I can do for my son, and myself to overcome this awful and painfull drug..

Thank You
Shay