Old 01-27-2009, 07:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
punker1974

My father is a complete alcholic...it's killing me!

Hello! My father is a compelte alcholic and has been his while life! He has a abused more drugs then anyone i have ever met! However, alchohal is by far the worst. No matter what he will not wuit, it is as tough it has become part of his idendity and cannot be taken away, he needs in somehow. About 5 years ago he was staying with me, and again i made it clear that thier was to be NO drinking while under my roof, well he screwed that up and got completly wasted and as always makes it my fault as i dont spend enough time with him. I finally made it clear that he was to leave my house in one week if not sober, as he has shown up drunk to all of his AA meetings. Well I went out one night with my roommate and when we came home I came to discover that he has destroyed the ENTIRE house Tipped over the fridge and smashed al the food everywheere, destroyed my roomates big screena and ruined his computers etc..I have never seen anything like it ever!! I have refused to speak to him ever again! It has been five years and it has alwasy haunted me, its hard to watch the man whos lap you sat in till 12 years old destroy himself, We have tried everything for over 25 years and he has never stopped drinking. Any ideas of what to do? I feel terrible everyday, however I am fully aware that it is not my fault and I cannot watch this man kill himself, however it kills me that he is this way. Most people want to be proud of thier fathers, im disgusted, yet I almost cry when I see him as no one else in my family ever cared for me the way he did. Its a hard thing to watch.....