View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 04:27 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Music

Originally Posted by doorknob View Post
I should probably quit going to AA meetings and reading/posting on this forum. I feel like anything that is secular and/or not AA is constantly being scapegoated and demeaned in both venues, and the overall experience seems to be doing me more harm than good. Sorry to upset you.
Peace,
DK
If that's the way you feel DK, maybe it's time to fish or cut bait. One of the first things I heard when I came to AA is "the door swings both ways." People leave for a lot of reasons, not just to go back out to drink. AA from the beginning has been a "higher power" or God powered program, depending on one's choice and interpretation. If that offends you, leave. But to think that anyone in AA, or anything about AA should change just to suit you is preposterous. AA started from a resentment and a desire to make some changes, so you're welcome as anyone is, to leave and start your own program. Don't let the door smack you in the butt on the way out, and that goes for anyone else here who feels they can't be happy in AA. Good luck and God's speed.