View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 01:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
winnie12

My son fails every class - my daughter makes straight As. I worry more about my daughters grades then my sons. You know why? becuase she freaks out if she gets a B. If that report card doesnt show straight As she will be depressed and ashamed - that's just not okay. Bs are okay sometimes - Cs are okay sometimes - I'll take it step further and tell you its really okay to fail sometimes. I've learned more from the things i've failed then the things i've aced.

An attorney i worked for years ago paid for me to go to paralegal school on the grounds that i had to maintain a B average. Well my goal was straight As and I almost made it except for one class in basic computer skills. It did not matter to me that I grauduated with honors with an A average - what mattered to me was that one glaring C. Now fast forward 15 years later - i'm still in the legal profession but now i also am a database adminstrator, design web pages, know a little computer programming and i'm consodered the guru in the office for the computer - not only by office staff, my boss but also by IT professionals. Hmmm guess that C didnt really matter so much.