View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 01:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Freedom1990

Originally Posted by BayAreaPhoenix View Post
Sending you giant hugs! You know you will get thru it, but sounds like this is going to be "one of those" classes! It's so hard when the memory stick is not cooperating

A suggestion for your spinning brain: I learned in an Insight Meditation class this past year to stop and breathe - of course. This meditation is about the now and not necessarily emptying the mind. Focus on your belly going in and out. Focus on the breath and what it feels like at the tip of your nostrils while breathing in then breathing out. Does it feel cool? Warm? How does the waist of your pants feel against your abdomen while the breath goes in, then out? Notice if you breathe fast or slow, shallow or deep. Let your body breathe the way it wants to, don't control it. Don't focus on everything at once, just each sensation seperately. Get the idea? It's not to empty the mind so much as to give it a rest and slow it down. Maybe it will work for you. Sit up straight, close your eyes, don't cross your arms or legs and take a few minutes.

Good luck! (((hugs)))
Ohhhh, I like that meditation idea! I will be noticing the binder I'm wearing more than the waist of my pants though since I'm still healing from the hernia surgery.

I'm going to give it a go!