View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 01:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Freedom1990

Originally Posted by Callie View Post
I know when I went to college @ OSU there were some classes that I had to just allow myself to "get by". Chemistry being one of them. I hated it, though it was required. I just studied as hard as I could and did my best. A 3.22 is an admirable GPA - especially for college. And a 77% on a test is not BOMBING!

Quit being so hard on yourself, college is hard work! Hang in there and hugs to you.
I think this is going to be one of those 'get by' classes for me too. I can identify with the chemistry because I really struggled with that in high school!

I need to contact the instructor because I'm creating more anxiety for myself as I do not know what her grading scale is. Every other instructor has included the grading scale in the class syllabus, and for most of them the cut-off for each grade has been high (like 94% and up for an A). That's where I start sweating. I know two of these classes have the more standard 90-100% for an A, etc, but this one isn't one of them.

I hate days where I get all up in my head and anxious. Thanks for the hugs-I needed that.

Youngest AD just called me on the way home from her orthodontist's appt. (35 miles away) and she had to cancel going back to work because her car is blowing oil all over under the hood.

I need to get myself calmed down before she gets home because she's going to be stressed to the max. I was proud of her because she finally made a doctor's appointment and got back on Lexipro yesterday. She was on it about 4 years ago and it made a world of difference in her anxiety level, but she couldn't see the difference in herself and quit taking it against doctor's advice.

She hasn't had a binge-drinking episode in about 4 months now.

I'm beginning to wonder if she's not just a budding codependent.