View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 01:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Freedom1990

Unhappy Well, I'm beating myself up today.

Someone tell me to put the big stick down. If you have any suggestions for these panic episodes my brain keeps having, that would be appreciated too. Sigh.

I pulled 13 credit hours last semester, all online. You have got to be disciplined in the first place to do online classes. That was 5 classes too. I have come a long ways in overcoming the old tapes in my head and letting go of that damnable perfectionism I drug around most of my life. It was always the all or nothing attitude.

There were two classes I struggled with in particular, and to be honest, I was perfectly okay with a C in both classes. I still came out with a 3.22 GPA.

I'm pulling 13 hours again, 2 of those being 4 credit hour classes. This semester one of my classes is Legal Aspects of Health Information. I take extensive notes in all my classes because it helps me retain. That is not working for this class. I bombed my first chapter test with a 77%.

There are all these legal Latin terms to memorize. As soon as I start reading and taking notes, my head starts to panic.

I'm on the verge of tears today. I realize there are going to be classes I enjoy more than others. This is a required class, and it's not that I hate it. I'm trying to do the best that I can. I just don't know what I can do different. I am not absorbing it at all.

I need a hug on top of everything else. I don't have a meeting until tomorrow night to attend where I can get hugs. Sigh.