View Single Post
Old 11-08-2001, 07:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
SKEPTICAL

I said what you suggested... more or less. I told him how upset I was and he said to me "I didn't know we were trying yet. I thought I had to move out and get a job first." Clueless! Anyhow, the good news is that things have taken a major change for the better. His parents received the letter I sent them explaining why I was kicking him out of the house. They must have taken it to heart because yesterday he talked to his mom and she suggested he get counseling for himself because he has had a hard life and may be bringing a lot of baggage to the marriage. She als asked him about his drinking. Meanwhile, his brother in law had a talk with him for me. He told Kid it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for him to get his act together and get his own apartment around here. So, last night he DID end up taking me to dinner. We had a great talk and he really really really seems to understand now. He said he understands that I can keep drinking because he has to quit for himself and by himself. This is major because in the past it was that I had to quit for him to quit and if I drank it meant he could. Anyhow, I just want to say that things are looking really positive right now.