View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 05:53 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Lilyflower
Recovering Codependant

Originally Posted by JACKRUSSELLGIRL View Post
..I believe our fellow codies mean well when they reply to our post but sometimes it can sting to hear those words. They quote one peice of a post and reply on that.
Codies like A's have long adopted unhealthy ways of thinking and reasoning out their life and choices. I have seen many many people come to recovery thinking out things in the way the always have expecting different results, only to learn that to get the results we long for, it is often the case that we need to relearn how we think.

If parts of my posts over the past year were not pulled apart and commented on, I would never have gotten to the place of peace and serenity and self knowldege that I have now. It is like Ago said in the step 4 thread, when we begin step 4 and look at ourselves sometimes we need someone to shine a light on our thinking as we are trying to fix things with our broken and injured self.

If I could get myself out of the situations I find myself in, I wouldn't be here. I obviously need to look at another way, and I rely on those further along the recovery path to show me the error of my ways and guide me.

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx