View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 01:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((Alaia)))

I totally understand your thinking. Even though I'm a recovering addict, I don't know that I would get into a relationship with another RA.

However, I also know that relationships end for many, many reasons. Of all the people I know, who have been divorced, at one time or another, addiction is a very rare cause. People grow apart, they cheat, they split up or financial or other stresses.

Yes, we A's are A's for life, and yes, there will always be a risk of relapse. However, we can live a life where that risk is extremely minimal.

You could leave this man, meet another man, have a wonderful life and 10 years down the road HE becomes an A. Most A's start younger, but not all. I'm in my 40's and just discovered crack a few years ago.

I'm sorry if my post only makes you more confused about whether you want to stay in this relationship or not. When I can't decide, in a situation like this, I have to figure out if the good is good enough to endure some possible heartbreak in the future, or am I just looking to fill a void.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy