View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 09:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lilwhitties

Arrow Here's My Story...

I'm a 23 year old alcoholic...

I started drinking shortly after I turned 18 years old while I was still a senior in highschool. The first time I drank I got drunk off three Orange Smirnoffs...and how much fun I had...

Six months later I ended up getting a weeks suspension from school for bringing alcohol to a school related function. I was required to get an evalution from the school's psychologist and I had her fooled every second of the way.

Once I went to college thats when I started drinking heavily. The last two years of college I would drink on average 5 nights a week. During that time frame I was going through a lot of personal turmoil. My mother just got a divorce from her second husband who was like another father to me. I was dating a guy on/off for almost two years who wasn't good to me. Plus my grandfather died unexpectedly. My father and I went months without talking after this happened.

Once my ex boyfriend and I offically ended things I felt like I had nothing to lose. I thought I could celebrate being single by drinking even more. I just ended up getting into more trouble. As a result I got kicked out of college, lost with my full tutition scholarship with only 7 classes away from my Bachelors.

After I came home from college I tried to put the missing pieces of my life together. I started dating this great guy who tried everything he could in his power to make me quit drinking.

For 6 weeks I stopped drinking and then one night on the impulse I decided to visit some friends of mine. We ended up drinking a lot and I thought I was okay to drive back home. Six miles away from my house during the middle of an ice storm I crashed my car into a guard rail. Drunk. My father ended up getting me and we left the scene of the accident.

I didn't get a DWI that night---but I should have. After that I took it pretty easy for the next six months. My parents were happy that I was with someone that didn't drink or do drugs like other boyfriends of mine. I just wasn't happy with him. I felt like I was being molded into a person I didn't want to be. I just didn't feel a romantic connection with him and I think the reason why I dated him was because I was afraid of facing my fears alone.

A couple months ago he had a enough and decided to end things. Though I was upset I was secretly relieved that I could start doing my own thing again. Thats when I started getting drinking again (my weakness is Goldschlager). Then Saturday night I had a rude awakening.

I started drinking around 9 pm that night...all I did were shots of Goldschlager. By 11 p.m. I drank over half a bottle...another hour passed by and next thing I know I fell off a chair at my mothers house and hit my head on the floor. I remember seeing the blood coming down my face and I just passed out. I hardly remember my friend calling 911...I hardly remember being in the hospital...I thought I was going to die.

After my parents found out what happened they gave me an ultamatium. Seek help or cut contact with them---and I agree. I need to get some help. I want to live my life the way I used too before I started drinking.

Thats my story...

*W*