Old 01-26-2009, 09:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Katie09

Originally Posted by masseyman View Post
It does help.

I have many regrets from 27 years of booze. I started when I was 14. I had children in my early 20's who are now nearly grown. Somehow my life was kept together enough all those years to raise kids hold a job and live a "life". Looking back I know all of it could have been, should have been, richer, clearer, more meaningful. The sober times were good but usually were spent trying to get thru to the next drink. And I have no excuses. I have no abusive past, no physiological reasons, no phsyciatric reasons, I had good parents, good friends and syblings. I feel like I caused all the trouble I've because of choices I made.

It's good for me to hear others who struggle and care enough to make something better of their lives. I'm only 41, and I feel like I have a whole other life to live. It helps to hear others that have struggled for so long.

God bless.
Thanks. The one thing I've always believed in is to never give up. I remember one day at my shrink's office when he said he gave me credit for continuing to fight - that many alcoholics just give up. That hit me (especially that word alcoholic). Nice to know I keep trying, but bad to know I'm in the category where many give up.

At any rate, I'm kind of a mess this morning. Keep crying. Have to get it together enough to change clothes and drive to my Dr. appt. Keep shaking - and it's not because of any withdrawals.

If it wasn't for this forum and all of you kind people out there who take the time to respond to me, I think I'd be losing it completely.