View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 07:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
justtired
aka Miss Scarlett O'Hara

My abf gets really upset when I bring up the past. He says he's tired of me rubbing it in his face (even though I'm just trying to explain how it has affected our relationship). According to him, he took care of the problem and now I should just forget and move forward. Unfortunately for me, the problem is not "taken care of" as he just switched up the addiction from alcohol to narcotics which are easier to hide and deny. I completely understand how you feel. Everything you went through is still fresh in your mind and it doesn't just go away. You have become a different person from your experiences. Sometimes it just takes time for these feelings of hurt to subside.. and perhaps you WILL feel better and feel closer to him again in the future. One month of recover time is not a lot and it will take far more than this for him to regain your trust. As I've been told in response to some of my own posts, only time will tell how you are going to feel. Hang in there and I wish the best for your ah in his recovery.