View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 07:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
JACKRUSSELLGIRL

I hear you Keepingthefaith.

I am exactly where you are. My AH was sober for years and picked up 4 years ago. It is very hard to separate the man from the disease. This is all a learning process for me. As I learn and grow, I will change and I will take the necessary steps for me along the way. The steps we take, are our own steps and no one can take them for us.

I believe our fellow codies mean well when they reply to our post but sometimes it can sting to hear those words. They quote one peice of a post and reply on that. Unfotunately, there are many peices to the alcoholic relationship. In time, we all follow our own individual path of recovery and do our best to get our peace and serenity.

Skiing and exercise obviously will not fix or cure alcoholism, but it is certainly a great step for the Codie to take for themselves. It something you are doing for yourself and it takes the focus of the AH and onto you. I find things like exercise, skiing, whatever are very helpful for my recovery.

Keep up the good work and remember to take what you want/like and leave the rest!!!!

JRGirl