Old 01-24-2009, 10:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Old drug buddies really bringing me down tonight

I'm just venting, so if you don't want to listen to me gripe feel free move on.

Basically two of my old drinking and drugging buddies called me tonight and asked if I wanted to party with them. I said no thanks, I am trying to stay away from it and focus on school.

OOH!! Pause my story for a moment to celebrate: I got my official acceptance letter from the geology school today!! I am *officially* in the masters program!!!! Now to get a similar letter from my top choice school, where I hope to be transferring in the fall...

OK, continue:
A few days ago I went to the store with one of them and told her I felt like a loser because of the drugs and that's why I had to get away from it, and I hated to watch both of them continue along that path. I have no moral high ground there and I know it.

When I declined their invitation tonight I suddenly got a flurry of text messages from them accusing me of lying (apparently one of them thought I had declined their invitation because I was out partying with someone else) and being a hypocrite (because they decided my boyfriend--who also has drug and alcohol problems and is getting clean--must be here doing dope with me). And they told me I wasn't any better than they are (I never claimed to be). All this just because I did not want to do drugs tonight?!

Even when I was using and someone would decide to quit, it never bothered me. It's like they think that I have decided they are all losers. I guess I kind of have, but only because I'm as much of a loser as they are. I have no moral high ground and I have not said anything negative about their choices, I just made the decision to stop because it's right for me.

So... good riddance to them I guess. I have 2 friends now who have cleaned up and they are good for me. I think I'll focus on those 2 and put the rest of them on auto ignore on my phone.