View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 12:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
pegasus

And the plot thickens...

Well, my Ah just phoned me for the first time since entering rehab 2 weeks ago. Of course he misses everyone like crazy. He told me that he can't believe that he let himself get to where he is again. He said that this was the 8th time that he was in rehab and that he knows all of this stuff. And that there is nothing they can teach him that he already doesn't know. He is in a treatment center 5 hrs away from here and he has no vehicle because his parents drove him. But tomorrow they are going for their first visit. He told me that he didn't know if he was going to stay or not. Yeah right! just trying to see my reaction I figure. He said he might change his mind and stay for one month and not 3. Whatever!!
I really don't know what to think. Is he right, can they not teach him what he has already been taught. Is it a waste of time for him to be there. He and I both know that he doesn't follow through with any aftercare program. And that's a big problem.
I don't know where he thinks he will be staying if he leaves. I told him that I would only consider reconciling if he completed this program. And even then there were no guarantees.
I dont really know what I am asking here if anything, but I sure would like to know anyone's thoughts on this.

Now I'll just have to wait until tomorrow and see what he does.