Old 01-23-2009, 05:40 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

Quote:

Statistically there seems little hope when most divorced women never do remarry, and you hear story after story of the AXH remarring someone younger, prettier, thinner.

Ouch. This hurts because my dad did this and my mom was left alone and sad, never remarried or even had a male friend so I got to learn that living happy was with someone and being sad was related to being alone.

ERROR!

Now I live the same stuff with the ex with someone younger, in my opinion much prettier (although friends say I am prettier so..), young and much thinner so...

Now the facts

You cannot give what you do not have (aka happiness)
The fact they remarry with someone else says NOTHING about your worth
YOU define your own worth with your actions day by day
Just because there is no one telling you this daily it does not mean it is not still true.

Also, AS IF "they" were really good catches we women need to compete with for attention. May be my humble opinion and sadness talking but I think romantic relations are vastly overrated....

Come to think of it, thanks to this other girl that came along I am not able to cling to hope and stay in my dependency, hurts like hell but what would REALLY HURT would be to live another break up like this with addiction mixed in. I just would not be able to do it. This IS the last one just like Barb says.

Dettachment, good if someone comes along, and good if I stay single.. as my therapist said..

We are ALWAYS alone

And we can find "company" anytime...
Let's not miss life itself waiting for a wild dream to come true..

I am trying to learn all that. You only have yourself, and reality... my nickname is not a good dream and work towards it, it has been more like dreaming for the impossible and be miserable because its not there!!

Sorry for my ramblings but by now you should be used to them