Thread: Detaching
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2004, 10:09 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
McKrazy

Re: Detaching

you know, for me, it was important for me to stay in this place that my A had to be out of denial that there was, indeed, a problem. That's not to say he's conquered it by any means, neither have I conquered mine. But I had to live in honesty for myself and to know we were "on the same page" even if we sometimes felt stuck on that page. But, having said that, I read posts from "veterans" of the program that clearly indicate that they still live in the battle field and somehow have mastered so many skills to thrive in that environment..... those are the ones I so respect. And it reminds me that there is no reason I can think of to not live with serenity in my situation if they've been able to achieve it in theirs'. It gives me hope to see the program and the support, and the sharing doing just what it's supposed to do... move us all along together toward health and small tastes of heaven, one day at a time!!!!! Thanks all of you so much for being my friends, teachers, fellow travelers, companions!