View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 04:10 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
nogard
everything is already ok

Originally Posted by James13 View Post
I know what you are saying, Chiynita. Good luck.

My addiction to nicotine is the worst addiction I have ever had. Sometimes I wonder why I describe myself as sober, when I smoke these things all the time. I suppose it's because it isn't a mind altering drug like alcohol or pot.

One thing I have noticed every time I have quit for a while- I'll never be "ready" to quit. I will just have to make a choice and approach it day by day like every other addiction I have had.

I know addicts of all kinds that say that smoking is one of, if not THE hardest addiction they have tried to end.

In that respect, I call myself an active nicotine addict, because that's what I am.
I found giving up using drugs and the life that went with it far more difficult, although I did use the same pocess to give up the cigs and ain't looked back.

I often hear people talk it about it being more difficult than giving up smack or booze and find that hard to relate to.

I mention thsi not because I want to argue but because we need (I do anyway) to acknowledge how diffict it was/is to put down the drugs/booze and then leave it down and I see no positives in the comparisions.

Kevin