Thread: Topomax
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 01:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
jerect
Restoring myself to sanity

Originally Posted by marle View Post
My daughter is on Suboxone, Seroquel, Singulair for her Asthma, Trazadone if needed for sleep. When she first came back from rehab and she took all the pills at night they made her act loopy but during the day she is okay. The Seroquel is the drug that I dislike because it makes a person numb and they can nod on highter doses and my daughter did heroin for that feeling. I think she takes too much of it (75 mgs.) but when she found out the side effect of gaining weight she cut back on it. It does work well for her anxiety. I try to stay out of it. I figure when she is ready to stop, she will. Hugs, Marle

When My AH first went on Seroquell he was somewhat loopy and out of it too.. then the Doc lowered the dose and he seems to have adjusted fine to it..

Topamax is actually used for a variety of things. They use it for bipolar,
eating disorders, self harm, alcoholism, ptsd, ocd, stop smoking, migraines, etc.
It has been as close as you can get to a miracle drug for me.
I know they do like to use it with seroquel because of the massive weight gain that seroquel causes, it often balances out the two or helps to lose gained weight.
Thanks, that does explain a lot ....

I think it is okay to be a little concerned though, as long as you don't get too concerned
I'm not too concerned, I was just a little curious mostly... I like to be informed of my AH is taking because if something were to happen to AH and I needed to tell the Doc what he was on...then I would want to be correct in what I was telling him...