Thread: Topomax
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 10:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Topomax is one of the drugs also used for neuropathic pain. They tried me on it and it made me crazy, however, I have been on Neurontin now for 4+ years and it works great.

The use of drugs and/or alcohol has a large tendancy to destroy the coverings on the nerve endings which then makes the nerves send erroneous messages of pain or not send proper messages for moving arms, legs, etc The neurontin has done wonders for me in allowing me to continue to walk and function while keeping the flashes of pain in check.

That being said, I have friends that the Topomax works and the neurontin doesn't. When they wean him off the seroquel and Suboxone he will probably get these flashes and the intensity of them can take your breath away. I believe his Dr is trying to prevent some really lousy side affects.

Hope that helps.

Now I have a question for you. Why are you SO INVOLVED in what he is taking, what he is doing? Please put the focus back on you. You really cannot do a thing for him, and it really doesn't matter what the Dr has him taking or not taking. HIS RECOVERY is HIS. Please............................................ ..................................you are only driving yourself crazy.

J M H O

Love and hugs,