View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 08:53 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
winnie12

OTL - i wish you could meet my son and his dad - it may change your opinion on genetics. He spent no time around him until recently yet he has the exact same personality traits. It has always been very spooky to me as he was growing up to see him act exactly like this man that he didnt even know. He was never around drugs in his life and only saw me drink in moderation - yet he is hogwild on anything he will take anything and cant stop himself once he starts - just like his dad. I have maintained a friendship with Ex's brother (who is nothing like him) and even he would get creeped out at how closely they resembeled each other in their behavior. It wasnt that he looked like his Dad because he doesnt very much - its that he has the same personality and the same weaknesses. They were raised totally differently so I dont think its upbringing.

As for the rest i agree - our society teaches kids to take a pill and everything is better and then complains when they take a pill that isnt socially acceptable. We're confusing them in our contradictions.