View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 05:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
merrygoround

Should I allow my ex to visit his son?

Hi. My ex is a drug dealer and an addict. We have a 3 month old son together. He wasn't there much of the time during my pregnancy or since my child was born. When I pressured him to change his lifestyle, lets just say he bailed. I allowed him to see his child after he was born and tried to go into some sort of visitation. He always tries to get back together with me and told me that he has someone else (with whom I have spoken) that would accept his lifestyle. He brags about his drug dealer and of all the bar fights he has been getting into, the girls, etc...He is addicted to cocaine, percocet, oxycontin, marijuana, alcohol, and occasionally uses other drugs. He truly loves his drug life. He makes a large amount of money from it. He has never said he wants help.

During his last visitation, from which he was saying how he wanted to get back together, etc., I got hold of his cell phone and spoke to a girl he had been seeing while we were together and is continuing to see. He ran out the door and left the cell phone with me. I got more information that, let's say, truly disgusted me.

It is 2 weeks later and he has called, despite a no contact order being in place, and says he wants to see his child or he will no longer pay child support. I don't need the money, I can do it without him, but I am concerned about what my child will think of me when he gets older. I am also fearful that if I do let him see him, my child may believe his lifestyle is ok and become an addict himself.