Old 01-20-2009, 02:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Freedom1990

OT-finally got my surgical staples out today!

They were itching so bad! The doctor said I am healing very well from the hernia surgery, but because it was more extensive than originally planned and he had to use mesh, I am still on very restricted activities for at least the next 2 1/2 weeks. I had just started physical therapy for my lumbar area when all these issues start with the hernia, and he recommended holding off on that for another month, and then starting off with very light exercises.

I was so blessed in that the college campus bookstore shipped out all my text books UPS which meant I didn't have to find someone to go pick up all my books (usually about 30 pounds worth of books). Campus is 40 miles away. The bad news is no one in my ICD-9-CM Coding class has gotten their text books yet as there was a miscommunication and the books aren't even in. I'm pulling 13 credit hours again this semester, and 2 of those are 4 credit hours, the coding class, and Pathophysiology, so it will be another intensive semester. All in all I'm feeling pretty good physically. Classes started yesterday (I take all my classes online).