View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 06:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Tomas

Last week when I found this site, on my 35th Anniversary for reasons as stated above, being only human, not having attended an AA meeting in almost a year due to circumstances, you might say I was feeling the Blues...I needed a meeting.

I have wireless Internet here in Panama, on my boat. I heard they had AA meetings on U-tube... To my surprise, I was met with a meeting, an AA talk divided into 4 parts...The opening words heard thousands of times before..different names, different personalties but the music has always been the same...and I needed to hear the music...The opening words filled with gratitude and humility..Hi my name is Stevie and I'm a recovering alcoholic and drug addict...It brought such relief and tears to my eyes...I could identify

The messenger was the legendary Rock/Blues star...Stevie Ray Vaughan..who died sober and clean, after a concert in a helicopter accident. 1990..I believe SRV had over 5 years of sobriety if I'm not mistaken.

In what I believe one of his best...”Life Without You.”.. always a super fan favorite...5 minutes into the song, he talks to the audience. He tells about Drugs, a dead end street, It takes away the love. We all need to help one another, and we got to take care of ourselves first, so we can help others..a great message...Below, I posted this song, it's over 8 minutes. This song lives on in the hearts of his many fans...and I hope in the hearts to his fellow amigos in AA...Thank You Stevie, for the help, and the reminder...that's what it's all about.

If It works... the Video follows:..."well worth watching"

Last edited by Tomas; 01-19-2009 at 07:04 PM. Reason: grammer,spelling and punctuation