View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 05:47 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
ChrisClark

That seems very depressing to me that I can possibly never drink again. I never again want to get drunk or go on a multi-day drinking binge like i used to. I would be happy with 2-3 drinks once a week or every other week. It is nice on special occasions or when out to dinner for instance. I am only 25 years old. The rest of life is going to be very difficult for me if I am unable to drink EVER AGAIN. Does anyone else have any experience with:
1. Having the symptoms that I listed
2. Abstaining from alcohol for 6-8 weeks+ or whoever long it took for the symptoms to go away
3. Trying to drink again at some point down the road (NO MORE THAN 2-4 drinks once a week or every other week)

If so, what happened? Did all your symptoms come back? I have read online that you get higher chances of withdrawal if you drink 2 days in a row or more or drink heavy. Would I be able to drink 2-3 drinks once a week or once every week in the future if I made sure to limit myself? I really don't want all these symptoms coming back once I get rid of them...but I also don't want to remain sober for the rest of my life, given that i'm still very young.... :-(