View Single Post
Old 08-14-2001, 10:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Colleen

Post I don't know where to turn to

I'm new to this site but not new to having an alcoholic in my family. My brother is 39. He is an alcoholic. He lives with my mother. He is in and out of jail with DWI's. Next one sends him to prison. He just got his drivers license back after a 2 year suspension. He is working construction. He stayed sober for 2 years because he didn't have a job or any money. He has been working for about 3 months now. He started drinking in his room at night again. He called my husband at 12:30 last night to come pull his car out of a ditch. He was extremely drunk. He lashed out at me when we got there and told me not to say a work to him about his drinking. I refuse to argue with a drunk person so I stayed quiet. Then he actually started crying and told me he can't do it anymore. He has tried 3 different rehabs and nothing seems to work. He has no life and he wished he were dead. I told him if I knew a way to help him overcome his addiction I would find it somehow. I'm looking for help. I don't know where to turn. He goes to AA meetings sporatically. He does not like to go because he said they only have much older people there and no one his age or younger so he doesn't relate to them. How can I help him before he kills someone? If he gets on the road drunk again I'm afraid he'll kill himself and some innocent person that does not deserve to die.