View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 10:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Chrysalis123

Originally Posted by blessed4x View Post
I guess what I'm really asking is how things turned around when you made the decision to go through with divorce. Did the "aging effects" you felt go away? Will I ever get that energy and zest for life back? I do believe the fear or the unknown has paralyzed me and I'm sure I will need to take a trip back to therapy to resolve it, but any input here would be helpful.
Yes, the aging effects went away for me....but I felt good and old for about 8 months. I was tired, achy, and yes, I was depressed. Yes, I am getting my zest for life back. Yes, the fear of the unknown had me paralyzed...especially months before I filed for divorce and about 4 months after the divorce was finalized. When I compare now to then I am a different woman.

Have you ever seen the Wizard of Oz? Remember in the beginning when everything is filmed in black and white. That's how my life was a year before the divorce and for a few month after. Then once Dorothy lands in OZ, everything is in full and vibrant color..that is happening to me now.

Blessed it is going to get better. Take extra special care of yourself right now. Listen to your body and meet its needs. See to it that you have something that brings a smile to your face, or better yet a really good laugh as often as possible. Enrich your soul. You will get through this.