View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 09:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ago

Originally Posted by blessed4x View Post
I've slipped into some kind of depression (which I've never been prone to), or if turning 45 last week really has aged me, LOL!

I guess what I'm really asking is how things turned around when you made the decision to go through with divorce. Did the "aging effects" you felt go away? Will I ever get that energy and zest for life back?
Absolutely

I can't even convey how much better it gets.

The outside world looks good again, activities are fun again, I can walk on the beach and not just look at my feet.

What has truly been amazing is being in a relationship with somebody who actually "sees" me, who nurtures me, who cares for my well being, it's been like living on a different planet.

I had forgotten how nice life actually could be, while I was in "that place" I felt like I had always been there, and always would be there, I didn't see any way out, I felt "trapped" and my life got very small.

When I left it was like the old saying, "If you take one step towards God, he takes two steps towards you", things starting falling into place, while not always comfortable, or "what I wanted" were always better for me.

It's hard to explain, but the answer is, yes, it gets better, it aint always balloons and joyrides, but it's better, and my life is my own again and the sense of freedom and liberation that came with that are indescribable..