View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 08:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
blessed4x

Feeling old and tired

I can't remember who it was (I'm thinking either Barbara or LaTeeDa?) that said when they were finally at the point of divorce they felt much older than their chronological age. Well.....I'm there. I have no energy, no motivation to clean, no fire in my belly, not to mention the aches and pains. I know I've been through alot with my dad passing and switching jobs, but really things should be looking up. I have always been a go-getter, even my children had a hard time keeping up. I was always the first in line at the roller coaster and now I couldn't even make it to the amusement park. Just wondering if the effects of living with an A have finally begun to catch up with me, or if I've slipped into some kind of depression (which I've never been prone to), or if turning 45 last week really has aged me, LOL!

I guess what I'm really asking is how things turned around when you made the decision to go through with divorce. Did the "aging effects" you felt go away? Will I ever get that energy and zest for life back? I do believe the fear or the unknown has paralyzed me and I'm sure I will need to take a trip back to therapy to resolve it, but any input here would be helpful.