View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 06:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Tate8
A New Year...A New Me!

One week. I made it!

I know this is a small milestone, but it is big for me and hopefully the first of many. I can't remember going a week without drinking. I am proud of myself. Yesterday was hard, as it was the first Friday night that I had to deal with. The entire ride home from work I had to keep myself from stopping at the store. I made it home and with the encouragement and understanding from my fiancee' I made it to my first sober week. When I would think of drinking I would remind myself of how much I really wanted a new life and that it was not worth it to step back into my old habits. I thought of all the things that I could do on my first weekend of sobriety. I thought of how alcohol has handicapped my ability to go out and do things such as shopping. Rather than sit at home today and drink I have a full day planned. I have a few things that I need to return that were given to me at Christmas. We are going to see the new My Bloody Valentine movie in 3D. I am going to do some shopping at best buy, check out the new Bass Pro Shops store and hang out at the Suzuki shop for awhile and look at new bikes. (I love my motorcycle!) This time I will be able to enjoy my Saturday without regret. I will not wake up Sunday to another wasted day due to drinking. I am mad at my addiction and I am taking control. I am strong! I can do this, one day at a time. Thanks for all the support.