View Single Post
Old 04-18-2004, 09:11 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Raise

Re: If you're new to this site

I understand. Been there, done that so to speak. It is very difficult to talk about and I admire your open session of sharing your pain. Time helped me to get over the flash backs. I hope that is somewhat of an encouragement to those going through them now. Everyone heals differently and it takes some longer than others. In my situation, I had four children that suffered along with me. I watched each one cope in a different way. It was so hard for me to relate at the time, because I didn't understand this illness. Now I have a great deal of guilt for not giving the help that was needed at the time. We were all five subjected to an attempted murder of my oldest child and in the end it was my second child that was instrumental in saving his life. The memory will never leave, but the uncontrolled flashbacks of that horrible sceene no longer haunt us with terror. We have moved on with our lives and love each other very much. There is life after terror and I am thankful that God has strengthened us. He will you too!
Raise :band