View Single Post
Old 10-13-2001, 07:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
mistyT

Lightbulb

Dear Kathy, It sounds to me like you may be someone who he may use to enable his lifestyle of drinking. I have been married to an addict for 4 years. At first I loved him (of course) You always think its love when you first get involved with someone. But deep down, I thought that If I showed him how much I loved him that he would stop doing what he was doing. Boy was I wrong! You cant "fix" someone. And If you are thinking about trying you are going to be left totally alone and destroyed! I personally have 2 children by my addicted husband. And I can honestly say that accept for the birth of my boys. I wish I had never seen his face! I also am an alcoholic. He is a drug addict. I struggle with alcohol to help me get through the stress of living with him. I know that someday soon the bottom is going to fall out for this family. But until then I just have to keep going and raise my boys to be healthy and as happy as possible. Please think hard about what you are getting into here! Take care of yourself! And dont settle for the first person that comes down the line! There are many peaople that care about you and will help you get through your troubles. This is my personal oppinion from my experience. I care for you and hope you make the right decision for yourself / your friend / Misty