Thread: New Here
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 12:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
CAE

Originally Posted by Still Waters View Post
Welcome CAE, I'm glad you found this place and us!

Sounds to me, reading your story, that she has exactly what she wants. She still drinks, she has you home and not out of town working. Her "dramas" are, in my opinion, nothing more than manipulation.

Keep in mind that this is a progressive disease, it doesn't get better on its own.

What have you done for you lately?
She does tend to get exactly what she wants. I do realize from time to time that I prefer giving her what she wants rather than face the arguments that come from not doing it. She has more clothes and shoes than any one person should ever need, though she justifies the fact that she finds bargains at the salvation army. But then when we just bought our new house right on the water with a gulf view and half acre yard she complains about lack of closet space.

I can't think of much I've done for myself lately buy my wife could probably give you a detailed list of every nice thing she has done for me since we were married.

We've been married for just over a year so there's a lot of adjusting going on that's not just the alcohol but just regular marital difficulties as well. I'm certainly not the perfect husband and have my own issues but I think our hardest time was the realization of her addiction and our blind attempts to rectify it. And I'm sure we have much more growing ahead of us.