View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 07:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Tomas

My 35th Anniversary Today

My favorite poet is ee cummings...practical, Harvard educated, his poems right to the point... In one of his poems, a soldier ready to be executed, utters a favorite line,,, There is some s**t, I will not eat.

That's the way I feel today my 35th anniversary of sobriety. Sober since my first meeting of AA..Jan 12, 1974...a regular and continuous meeting goer.

The question is how did I get here...Well I got hear because I was banned from Recovery chat..the chat room and message board ....I wrote them,expressing my feeling of anger and disguist...If this ATTITUDE, and the strong honest expresion of my message, always in good taste gets me banned HERE AS WELL, please reference the aforementioned sentiment. I will not compromise AA principle.

Some might read this..and be tempted to take a cheap shot but remember I didn't get 35 years of sobriety playing to the choir. Yes I am angry and human..but will get over it sober.

Enclosed is the E-mail sent today to the site that was undeliverable.

Today is my 35th AA anniversay of continuous sobriety and I think it is absolutely incredible and speaks a lot about the quality of the site to be banned both from the chat room and the message board...Several of my postings became quite long..because of malicious offpoint angry remarks...or needing clarification or redirect to those openminded not quite understanding the point. I never backed away from my central point. Nor was there any bad or suggesive wording or intent.

There was nothing presented that wasn't in good taste and right to the point.. and helpful to other recovering alcoholics from MY EXPERIENCE..as only someone of long term sobriety capable of doing so

There is a certain type of person, a personality who takes great pleasure in having some personal and subjective control.. the power to punish..a mild form of sadism which is how I chracterize the monitors or monitors who hit a toggle switch to ban someone because what they see may not be personally satisfying..or pressure from others..political allies in their little game. It becomes political not principled...and I think you should take a long hard look at your practices..examine my messages if necessary, and content for it's practical value in helping others..unlike most if was filled with experience not platitudes from the latest inspiational book one comes across...which can be of value in its own rite because it's one's very recent limited revelation.but represents hope

Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help others..with 35 years, highly educated with proven good character...it doesn't make sense or add up..and I think you should take a long hard look at a few people who apparantly control the site to their respective whims..Why..because they can do it..or have been allowed to get away with it..

The point is that there was no objective standard that I violated..without that... you have little more than a mob who were delegated to much subjected control..who wouldn't recognize a principled posting when confronted by it..Their insight extended to the end of their nose with no ability to determine whether the content would be helpful toward others...This is a bad premise to run a site..

People should be applauded by their success not punished...you got it backwards..The nature of the disease demands those applauded help others..not to be thrown out based upon subjective criteria. I was not here to be popular but principled

There is no way I would have gotten sober or stayed that way if people early
on if meetings I attended had your sites current mind set.. exemplified by your actions toward me..

Tomas

Last edited by Morning Glory; 01-12-2009 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Put email message in quotes