View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 06:52 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
ashlasl

hi sea salt hope you feel a little bit better today, one more day won! that is how i see it i woke up this morning with the usual pounding in my chest that says hey where is my drugs for the day, and i relaxed or tried to breathe more and said hey guess what day eight! i really cant beat addiction but with help we can, i thought of you also when i was saying that and thinking yeah he has fourdays now! lol i know i sound corny but so grateful that i made it through another twenty four hours,

this sucks alot of times and i know it sea salt i didnt have big enough of a xanax habit to have severe withdrawal but i havent seen reality in almost a year so this seems so weird to me, i went through the opiate dtox to many times to count cold turkey and sometimes it wasnt because i wanted to and sometimes i wanted to but i know it sucks, but you have to remember the physical part is over now,

i dont want this to sound like a i am a bigger drug user than you this is just for you to see what i went through, i got sent to jail two yrs ago on a two yr everyday habit of methadone 185 mgs and xanax , well the fear of the withdrawal alone scared the **** out of me telling the nurses i am gonna kill myself thinking they would put me in the hospital lol yeah right, they put me in this weird outfit and in a cell alone, i saw another girl walk by who was on the clinic with me and she was there for a few days before me, i banged on my door she whispered to me it is not so bad youll be ok, well that helped because like i said the fear of what i was gonna go through overwhelmed me, and then i stopped being scared and accepted it, i drank water constantly while sitting by the toilet, flushing my system out, walking back and forth , but you know what by three or four days physically i felt better , and i started sleeping at a week and this was on a two yr methadone habit,

sometimes the fear of withdrawal makes it harder to withdraw, if anyone ever asked me how to withdraw cold turkey i would tell them not to search on the computer because you will hear horror stories, lol i know that is why i felt worst,

good luck sea salt and day four !