View Single Post
Old 01-29-2002, 06:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RovenRev
Paused

Hi...Listen, try to understand...a recipe for disaster is someone going to a party at a bar who is trying to stay clean. Drinking in front of him is not healthy either. I doubt you will find anyone here who will testify that they had the will power to sustain that type of temptation..That's why we are here...we are completly powerless over drugs...including alcohol...Many of us have tried..we paid a price...as well as our significant others...You did not mention if he has started attending any type of support group...Is he..? or is he trying the white knuckle approach..?(Self-will-power)

P.S. I had to come back and add how precipitous your boyfriend being in a bar with only 10 days clean is....I have been clean 13 years...and I still don't go into bars...In my opinion for me to do so would still be too hasty..I can even count on one hand the restaurant's I have been in that serve alcohol...Many say...that's a little extreme..well I have experienced enough relapses in my day..that today help me not to even think about testing my committment to stay clean...

Just my experience. Hope it helps..

[This message has been edited by RovenRev (edited January 29, 2002).]