Old 01-09-2009, 06:08 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
theaocp
Why is a mouse when it spins?

Originally Posted by Cubile75 View Post
Mostly, I tell only those whom I'm close to. Non-A's or people unaffected by A's don't get it. I want to relate to people on equal footing - sometimes that may mean telling them, sometimes not.
The only person i've told so far (it's only the beginning of day 2) is my wife. She's still hurt by the lies and the only response so far has been that the lying and drinking are a personal choice. I wonder if she believes me when i say i am an alcoholic or just believes me to be a generally mean person. This is why i quoted you above. She's Non-A.

Since it's only into day 2, i don't think a judgment can be made on that front just yet, but i hope she comes to realize the truth slowly, as my recovery shows none of the signs of my former abuse.

As for anyone else, i'm not sure yet what i'd tell them. If someone proves themselves to be a royal pain, i'd have no problem telling them off, but for most people, it might be hit-or-miss. I'm going to see Metallica here in Detroit on Tuesday with my best friend since 1993, so perhaps i'll know better then when we have us a little "chat." I think he deserves to know a potential reason why we live only 20-30 minutes from one another, yet hardly see or talk to one another. I can't believe booze hasn't affected my interaction with him. BTW, we're not drinking buddies and never have been. I miss him. :ghug3