Thread: Heavy is BACK!
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 08:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
HeavyJ

Heavy is BACK!

Hi Guys, Sorry, I haven't bween around in what seems like forever. I'll get to that in a second. Thank you for all of your messages, I have not read them yet, but plan to today.
Where I've been. NO, I did not fall off the wagon, I'm happy to say that i am still sober (Although the holiday's presented their normal triggers and temptations). I'm still employed at a struggling company which has taken up a lot of my time. I have been (In my opinion, father and husband of the year). Ha!
I also had to step away because of one reason. I was reading a lot of posts from people who had fallen off the wagon, then came back here to open arms. Don't get me wrong, This is awesome, but for me it was another temptation. It seemed so tempting to stop on the way home on a Friday, booze it up for the weekend, then get forgiveness here. That thought alone was really lingering with me, so I stepped away.
Now I seem to be over it, and have been enjoying my sobriety, I ski race on Sunday's, I do 30 minutes on my eliptical when I get home on weekdays, then I do some exercises on the Wii Fit. Heck, in a couple more months, I might have to change my name to "Sort of skinnier J"

One last note, I will be unable to check back here too often during the day because of work, But will get back in touch with all of you in the evenings. Hope you are all well, and I can't wait to jump back into this community!

With Love,

Heavy