View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 03:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Lilyflower
Recovering Codependant

I think the journey of understanding myself is fascinating!

You sound like you have begun to unlock some inner doors into yourself, more will probably come to you.

Perhaps you can try to go into the memory a little, you mentioned feelings you had at that time, being miserable, why did that little girl think she had to 'go along' with it? What messages was she hearing in her head?

I did this with some of my memories, it is interesting to understand how the taught messages are implanted in our subconscious from a very early age and we obey. After regressing into my past, I realised that there was never a 'time' when I began to act codependant, I always did. Some of my earliest memories are tainted with it. Unless I was born that way, I must have learnt it. The 'nature/nurture' debate. I go with nurture!

Oh I should say for anyone reading that memory regression can open up some strong emotions and if anyone does decide to do it, if you begin to feel overwhelming emotions, you should stop and call someone who you can speak freely and open with to let out the emotion build up. Certain memories that pertain strong emotional issues (such as abuse) should be regressed with a qualified therapist!

I am not a doctor or therapist!

Happy healing

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx